Website management: [list].
UW- Madison websites must comply with the campus web accessibility policy for people with vision, hearing, motor, and cognitive disabilities.
2. Links: Add links by clicking the chain icon in the text editor. Always de-select "Open this link in new window." New windows might be missed by visitors with vision impairments.
3. PDF files without images: Before you upload a PDF file that contains no images, follow these preparation steps:
4. PDF files with images: Before you upload a PDF file that contains images, follow these preparation steps:
5. Word files with images: go.wisc.edu/accessible-course-materials
6. Other formats: go.wisc.edu/accessible-course-materials
Font: Set the font to 10-pt Normal (sans serif) for text additions.
Text: Write for people who scan pages for information, rather than reading. In headings and link labels, capitalize the first word and proper nouns and adjectives.
1. On the homepage, click More > Manage Site > Deleted items.
That displays reassurance that nothing has been deleted.
2. On the homepage, click More > Subscribe to page changes.
That sends you an email anytime a page is changes.
You might want to do this for the pages you usually edit.
3. On the homepage, click More > Manage Site > Recent Site Activity
That gives you an idea about recent changes.
4. On the homepage, click More > Revision history
That shows all the past versions of the site, in case you ever want to reinstate an older version.
5. Back up the site periodically by clicking More > Manage Site > Copy this Site.